Elementary School Admissions
Our elementary school admissions process has six required steps that begin in September of each year:
1. Attend an Information Session.
This event will provide you with a complete introduction to the school campus and our practices and philosophy. Attending an information session is a required part of the admissions process. If you previously attended an information session, you do not need to attend another one. This session is for adults only.
2. Submit Your Application Form Online.
The online application, including a $100 fee, must be submitted by January 15, 2017, at 10:00am (Pacific time), but we suggest applying early to have your choice of dates for the elementary readiness assessment, classroom simulation, and parent interview.
3. Sign up for an Elementary School Readiness Assessment.
The elementary readiness assessment is a 60-minute, one-on-one meeting between the child and an independent child development consultant at our school. The assessment will allow the school to better understand each child’s academic, physical, and socio-emotional strengths. We encourage parents to schedule the parent interview and elementary school readiness assessment at the same time if possible.
4. Schedule a Classroom Simulation.
Classroom simulations provide an opportunity for your child to meet and interact with our teachers and other similar age students in a classroom setting. These simulations are mandatory for admissions and take place in January and February. Once you have submitted an application online, you will receive an email with instructions on how to sign up online for a classroom simulation.
5. Sign up for a Parent Interview.
The parent interview is a 30-minute meeting with the Director of Admissions, and it gives us a chance to meet with prospective parents individually. Once you have submitted an application, you will receive an email with instructions on how to sign up online for a parent interview.
6. Submit a Confidential Evaluation Form From your Child’s Current School.
For 2017 fall enrollment, decisions will be emailed to all families on Thursday, March 16, 2017, at 12:00pm.
Please email email@example.com or call us at (415) 202-0770 if you have any questions.
2017-2018 Age Cutoffs
- Kindergarten: 5 by Aug 1, 2017
- 1st Grade: 6 by Aug 1, 2017 (exceptions may be made for children who have already completed kindergarten)
- 2nd Grade: 7 by August 1, 2017 or completion of 1st grade and assessment
- 3rd Grade: 8 by August 1, 2017 or completion of 2nd grade and assessment
- 4th Grade: 9 by August 1, 2017 or completion of 3rd grade and assessment
- 5th Grade: 10 by August 1, 2017 or completion of 4th grade and assessment