As PKS continues its growth from preschool through eighth grade, we are in the process of implementing a Master Plan to fully renovate and build out our 1.5-acre campus.
The campus is expanding almost tenfold from its original preschool building and will have over 80,000 square feet upon completion. The construction plans are designed to ensure minimal disturbance to the students.
The campus will include:
- 22 main classrooms, and four flex classrooms
- Library, art studio, music room
- Science lab and makers studio
- Multi-purpose gym and auditorium
- Teaching kitchen and flexible dining area
- Overall increase in outdoor play space, including rooftop area
PKS is currently in year four of a nine-year master planning process (2013 to 2021), including four main phases of construction:
Phase 1: Pioneer Hall renovation (11,000 sf) - completed Spring 2015
Phase 2: Rectory renovation (9,000 sf) - target commencement Fall 2017
Phase 3: New Back Building (30,000 sf) - target commencement Fall 2019
Phase 4: New Entrance Building (30,000 sf) - target commencement Fall 2021
The PKS Campus Master Plan has been guided by the following conceptual design goals:
- Meet the educational program requirements for expansion from preschool through eighth grade
- Maximize outdoor play and learning space and natural light
- Provide flexibility for rooms and buildings to easily adapt to changing needs of a growing school
- Reflect the dual identity of PKS as both a progressive school and a Mandarin immersion program
- Combine timeless design with cost efficiency
The PKS Campus Master Plan is being led by the school's Master Plan Committee and the PKS Board; architects Laura Rambin and Bill Bondy, Studio Bondy Architecture; landscape architect Roderick Wyllie, Surfacedesign, Inc.; and project manager Mara Chase, projectFOCUS.